Sappi Southern Africa
Instrumentation Mechanician ( HRL 13 )
Sappi Ngodwana Mill requires a INSTRUMENT MECHANICIAN to safely perform maintenance tasks to ensure long-term plant reliability, thereby contributing to the overall equipment effectiveness.
This role reports into the Maintenance Support Instrumentation.
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Install, test, commission, modify and maintain instrument installations and DCS equipment according to engineering and production standards and requirements.
- Optimise control loops by loop tuning, investigations and fault-find process control systems.
- Perform instrument maintenance according to notifications and planned schedules, including during shuts.
- Remove defective instruments from the system, decontaminate, disassemble, and clean instruments, and replace defective parts as and if required.
- Calibrate readings on instruments according to standards.
- Record calibrations performed, parts and components used.
- Prepare schematic drawings, sketches and reports to reflect changes or alterations made on instruments, circuits and in systems.
- Perform other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Required to work standby and overtime.
- Understand and comply with the Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) requirements.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Grade 12 or N3 Engineering.
- Recognised Trade Test Certificate as Instrument Mechanician.
- 2 Years post-apprenticeship experience with a focus on instrumentation fault finding in an industrial environment would be advantageous.
- SAP knowledge and proficiency with SAP PM will be advantageous.
- Valid driving license.
Closing Date: 15 December 2020
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.