The purpose of the role is to lead the development and implementation of the tyre strategy in the context of Barloworld’s long term business strategy with the view to providing smart tyre solutions to the Group Business Units at the right price.
- Job objectives
- Tyre Management
oDevelop Business Unit specific tyre strategies to ensure product optimisation per application.
- oMaintain Barloworld Transport standards through regular site and systems audits.
- Minimize Tyre CPK
oEnsure the best products are utilised at the best price.
- oEnsure continuous improvement through smart innovative solutions.
- Policies and Procedures
oDevelop and implement maintenance policy.
- oDevelop model stock holding per Business Unit per depot.
- oDevelop retreading policies.
- oDevelop tyre scrapping policies.
- oDevelop and implement testing policies.
oOptimize procurement opportunities through smart buying.
- oOptimize national vs regional requirements and service availability.
- oEnsure correct tyre specification on new vehicles and equipment.
- Data Analysis
oCPK analysis and reporting per Business Unit per depot.
- Governance and compliance
oComply with industry standards and legislation whilst meeting customer requirements.
oInvestigate, source and implement a Smart group Tyre Management System.
- oDevelop and implement smart Tyre Stock Management in conjunction with Group Parts Manager.
- Training, development and support
oIdentify training needs in the workshop and engage with Tyre manufacturers and service providers to execute.
- oCoach and mentor employees regarding tyre management.
- Customers and suppliers
oEnsure customer satisfaction
- Develop and implement SLA’s (customers and suppliers)
- oBuild strong relationships and partnerships with suppliers.
- oManage the tyre relationship between workshops and Business Units.
- Grade 12
- Valid passport
- Driver’s license
- 5+ years in tyre management
- 3+ years in a senior management role
- Knowledge and skills:
- Extensive knowledge of commercial tyre industry
- Computer literacy and Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Tyre Management Software